ABOUT DHA KARACHI
With a bona fide inception, Pakistan Defence Officers Housing Authority was established for the welfare of honorable officers of the Armed Forces of Pakistan. The prime aim was to provide exceptional standards of life to the officers who have been serving the state for years.
PURPOSE OF DHA
The prime objectives of the Housing Society are:
• Welfare of Armed Forces Officers who retire from their services at a very early age after serving the state commendably and selflessly.
• To develop the housing sector of Pakistan by introducing model housing schemes.
• To utilize the valuable land and setup housing schemes on land purchased from Federal/provincial government/private sectors. This is an act of forte and experience of Armed Forces to become an inalienable and inseparable part of the nation's prosperity and progress.
The Authority's functioning is overseen by two bodies:
• The Governing Body, chaired by Secretary Ministry of Defence
• Executive Board, headed by the Corps Commander posted at Karachi
A serving Brigadier heads the organization and is designated as the Administrator. The Administrator is the Chief Executive of the Authority and exercises all executive powers delegated or otherwise in accordance with the policy laid down by the Governing Body and decisions of the Executive Board. Secretary and various Directors are generally retired Armed Forces Officers.
Pakistan Defence Officers Housing Authority
2-B, East Street, Phase-I
UAN: 92 21 111-589-589
Phones: 92 21 35886401-5
DHA Helpline: 1092
FAX: 92 21 35886406